Tony Elumelu Foundation: Inviting African Applicants for Entrepreneurship Development Programme
January 8, 2018, 10:42 am
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is currently accepting applications for the 4th Cycle of its Entrepreneurship Development Programme for business ideas that can transform Africa.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is the leading philanthropy in Africa championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the continent. The Foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent.
TEF Founder, serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu, CON said, “When we launched the TEF Programme and committed $100 million to empowering Africa’s entrepreneurs, I knew we would create impact, but I never imagined it would be impact of this magnitude. We have unleashed a movement of African entrepreneurs — a force so strong, so inspiring, that I am confident they will collectively transform Africa. We need Africa’s best and brightest entrepreneurs to come learn, grow their businesses and build our continent.”
The Foundation’s flagship initiative, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train mentor and fund 10,000 entrepreneurs, capable of changing the face of business across Africa.
The Programme provides critical tools for business success, including:
- Training: 12 weeks of intensive online training which guides creating and managing a business
- Mentoring: A world-class mentor to guide during the early transformation stages of the business
- Funding: $5,000 in seed capital to prove the concept, plus access to further funding
- Network: Access to the largest network of African start-ups and TEF’s own global contacts
- The business must be based in Africa
- The business must be for profit
- The business must be 0-3 years old
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country
How to Apply
CEO of the Foundation, Parminder Vir OBE said, “We encourage women, French and Portuguese speakers to apply. Our 3,000 alumni are already growing their businesses and improving lives. If you have a transformational business or an idea, we have an opportunity for you.”
For more information on how to apply, click here