USADF Agribusiness Grant
December 5, 2017, 8:03 am
The American government through the U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF) is inviting proposals for grant financing and local support, from Nigerian enterprises, cooperatives, and producer groups with innovative solutions that extend their own capabilities to increase revenues, create jobs, improve farmer incomes, and achieve sustainable market-based growth.
The majority of USADF's budget is applied to projects grants that directly fund expansion and growth activities for small enterprises, farmer associations, cooperatives, and community groups that create jobs and generate better income levels in poor communities.
Approved project applications are typically funded in one of two following grant assistance mechanisms:
- Operational Assistance Grants (OAG) – Provides funding up to $100,000 over two years for improving financial, managerial, and technical capacity, and for limited fixed capital or working capital items. This grant positions the organization to more effectively utilize future expansion funding.
- Enterprise Expansion Grants (EEG) – Provides funding up to $250,000 over five years for established enterprises and organizations with a viable growth and expansion plan
So, how can you get this USADF grant? You can access funding only if you meet these 3 criteria:
1. USADF will only consider proposals from 100% Nigerian-owned enterprises, associations or cooperatives operatives. You must be legally registered in Nigeria, with a proven ability to track, manage, and use internal and external resources to achieve growth. USADF does not provide funding to government agencies, political parties, or organizations that are not based in Nigeria.
2. Your agribusiness enterprise must be involved in either Sorghum, Rice, Cassava or Aquaculture (Fish) farming.
3. Complete a USADF application form and attach the following documents with your application:
a. Copy of a valid organization or enterprise registration form - Required
b. Most Recent Business Plan - Preferred but Optional
c. Two Years of Financial Statements - Preferred but Optional
You can learn more about the USADF grant and download your application form here.
Deadline for submission of your application to access this funding is January 29, 2018. Application materials submitted after January 29, 2018 will NOT be considered!
In order to make sure your application stands out from the millions of applications that USADF will receive, it’s advisable that you to add the Optional application documents they ask for, which is a business plan.
And if you need help preparing a business plan on Rice, Cassava and Fish farming, send a mail to email@example.com
Discover more agribusiness grants here