Online Fish Farming Training
April 18, 2022, 9:02 am
Fish farming or aquaculture is a type of animal farming in which aquatic animals (fishes, crustaceans, molluscs etc.) are raised in artificial or man-made enclosures in order to be sold as food. It is the fastest growing area of animal food production in the world.
WHY FISH FARMING
The fisheries and fish farming sector contributes significantly to food security and nutrition, especially in some of the world’s most food-limited regions, while simultaneously providing employment and income to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The fish food sector is made up of two types of production: capture production and fish farming (aquaculture).
Capture production involves the use of large fishing vessels that go into the deep oceans to catch fishes and aquatic animals. Capture production is very expensive to operate and depends greatly on nature. Capture production is responsible for a lot of pollution and damage to the world’s water bodies (oceans, rivers etc.)
Fish farming is easier and more affordable to start and operate. It is more under your control and can be done in a manner that’s beneficial to the climate and environment.
OPPORTUNITIES IN FISH FARMING
The three major opportunities in fish farming are:
- Food Production
According to the latest data from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation, in 2017 global per capita consumption of fish was estimated at 20.3 kg, with fish accounting for about 17.3% of the global population's intake of animal proteins and 6.8% of all proteins consumed.
Globally, fish provides about 3.3 billion people with almost 20% of their average per capita intake of animal protein, and 5.6 billion people with 10% of such protein. Preliminary estimates for 2019 indicate a further growth in per capita consumption to about 20.5 kg, with the share of fish farming (fish farming production) in total available food fish supply overtaking that of capture fisheries (11.1 kg vs 9.5 kg).
World fish farming production of aquatic animals enjoyed an average annual growth rate of 5.0% during 2011–2015. The annual growth rate has relaxed to an average of 3.7% during 2016–2019.
The contribution of fish farming to the total production of aquatic animals from capture and fish farming combined has risen steadily from 39.9% in 2010 to 48.0% in 2019
World fish farming production of aquatic animals in 2019 consisted of 56.3 million tonnes of fish (66.0%), 17.6 million tonnes of molluscs (20.6%), 10.5 million tonnes of crustaceans (12.3%) and 977 thousand tonnes of other aquatic animal species (1.1%).
Fish farming plays a huge part in solving food crisis in a way that isn’t harmful to the climate and environment.
Many millions of people around the world find a source of income and livelihood in the fisheries and fish farming sector. In 2019, women made up about 15% of the total of 61.04 million people engaged in the primary sector of capture fisheries and fish farming. Of this total, 38.70 million people were engaged in fisheries and 22.34 million in fish farming. The highest numbers of primary sector workers were found in Asia (85%), followed by Africa (9%), the Americas (4%), and Europe and Oceania (1% each).
Fish farming is capable of reducing the large numbers of unemployed people in Nigeria.
- Source of Foreign Exchange
According to latest data from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, in 2019, the total first sale value of total fish production was estimated at $406 billion, of which $260 billion was from fish farming production.
The share of developing countries in total fishery exports was about 54% by value and 61% by quantity (live weight equivalent) in 2019. The fishery net exports of developing countries (i.e. the total value of their exports less the total value of their imports) have shown a continuing rising trend in recent decades, growing from $18 billion in 2000 to $29 billion in 2010 and $35 billion in 2019. These figures were significantly higher than those for other agricultural commodities such as rice, coffee and tea.
Fish farming is a business that can generate income for you in dollars if you export your fishes.
Also, going by the most current data from the National Bureau of Statistics, Nigerians spend over 1.3 trillion Naira every year on Fish and Seafood!
ONLINE FISH FARMING TRAINING
To take advantage of the opportunities available in the fish farming sector to provide food, employment and earn foreign exchange in a safe and healthy manner, you require access to actionable fish farming information in a quick and convenient manner.
Our online fish farming training brings practical knowledge from the fish farm to you in a flexible, fast and convenient way that allows you to begin your practical fish farming learning in the quickest time possible.
With our online fish farming training, you will be able to learn fish farming at your own pace and location with better control of your time and schedule.
Also, you will have access to experienced catfish farmers that can answer your questions and help you start your own profitable and successful catfish farming business
BENEFITS OF ONLINE FISH FARMING TRAINING
On completing our online fish farming training, you will be equipped to achieve the following:
- You will be able to take advantage of the opportunities in the fish food sector by starting a successful and profitable catfish farming business
- You will be able to get access to funding from banks and investors to expand or grow your catfish farming business through the knowledge of the financial and business of catfish farming
TESTIMONINALS AND REVIEW
Over 2000 entrepreneurs and farmers have taken our online fish farming training and many of them have started their own fish farms and improved or expanded their existing fish farms.
Hear what one of the participants of our online fish farming training has to say:
"The information, training and connections I've gained by being on this platform have been life-changing. I went from knowing nothing about catfish farming to owning my own catfish farm with over 2,500 fishes"
— Bayo Adediran
Do you want to own and expand your catfish farming business? Then you need to participate in our online fish farming training
ONLINE FISH FARMING TRAINING COURSE OUTLINE
Our online fish farming training is made up of six video training modules comprising a total watch time of 30 minutes. These video training modules will show and explain to you the key operational aspects of catfish farming.
The 6 video training modules contained in our online fish farming training are:
- Spawning: This online video training module will show you how to fertilize and hatch the eggs of catfish. It will explain to you the conditions for ensuring that eggs of catfishes are raised properly so you can have a profitable fish farming business
- Tanks: This online video training module will show you the best type of containers or enclosures for successful catfish farming and tips for ensuring that the type of containers you use in your fish farm ensures good fish growth
- Catfish Feed Nutritional Requirement: This online video training module will show you all the nutrients and vitamins catfishes need and the affordable food sources and ingredients they can be gotten from so that you have a profitable fish farming business
- Catfish Feeding: This online video training module will show you how to feed the catfishes in your farm. It’s not enough to know the vitamins and nutrients fishes need for health and good growth, you also need to know how they should be fed and this video training module will show you how it should be done.
- Catfish Health: This online video training module will give you tips for preventing and treating disease outbreaks in your fish farming business. Diseases are one of the issues that limits the profitability of fish farming and this video will show you how to prevent and overcome the major diseases that affects catfish farming
- Catfish Farm Operations: This online video training module will combine all the information in all our training modules into step-by-step and day-to-day activities you should carry out on your catfish farm to ensure that you have a successful and profitable fish farming business
HOW TO REGISTER
We have a two-step process for registering for our online fish farming training.
Step 1: Create your free Agricdemy account.
Before you can access any of our online fish farming training modules, you have to have an account on our portal. To see how to create your free Agricdemy account, watch the video below:
Step 2: Pay your Subscription fee of $10 or N6,000
After creating your free Agricdemy account, you won’t be granted access to watch all our online video training modules on fish farming until you upgrade your account by paying a subscription fee of $10 or N5,000. To see how to pay the subscription fee after creating your free account, watch this video below:
You can also make your payment immediately with this link.
WHAT YOU GET AFTER COMPLETING YOUR REGISTRATION
After completing your account creation and paying your subscription fee, you will be given the following fish farming training resources immediately:
- Access to our online fish farming training videos
You will be given 30-days access to all our online fish farming training video modules.
If you want to continue having access after the first 30 days, your payment will be automatically renewed. If 30-days access is enough for you and you don’t want to continue accessing the online fish farming training, your payment will not be renewed and you won’t be charged.
- Catfish Farming Business Plan
We will send a copy of our catfish farming business plan to you via email. Our catfish farming business plan is an over 52-page document that will show you how to start your catfish farm with 500 fishes and grow it to 5000 fishes.
It will show you all the materials you need, how to raise the fishes, how to produce their feed, profitability, balance sheet and cash flow projections for 5 years of operation and so much more!
- Catfish Farming Operational E-books
You will also receive e-books that will document all the information contained in our video training modules for referencing and deeper learning
To get all the resources that will help you become a successful and profitable fish farming business owner, start your registration now.
If you have any questions about our online fish farming training, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/chat with us on +2348089864121